Facebook revoked our business verification

@ashrafsam

Hey man,

We don’t blame you guys. We know you are working hard and doing everything you can.

All I can say in regards to leaving it up to us to create apps to use stuff. Is that as creators we are limited to a maximum of 15 apps (I think - Create an App - Meta App Development - Documentation - Meta for Developers), so it’s just something to make users aware of, although I get that isn’t on you guys.

Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

Hey @ashrafsam,

Thanks for the transparency and updating us on the situation. It’s frustrating to see these issues with Meta verification, especially after all the efforts you’ve put in.

In response to the above, I think it might actually be a good idea. Not only does it offer a workaround for the current issues, but showing Meta that there’s continued active development and use might possibly help our case in the long run.

However, a concern might be for the less tech-savvy cloud users. They could see a Meta app and be confused or frustrated by not being able to use it easily.

Stay strong, and let’s keep pushing forward! :rocket:

2 Likes

Thank you for your detailed and transparent update @ashrafsam . I think we all know how hard you guys are working on AP and we are here to keep supporting you. The tool has really great potential and will grow into something big over time.

If there is a way to get around the meta-verification, I’m happy to be involved and willing to try anything. Unfortunately, I am not very good at such deep technical stuff, so tutorials would be very useful for me and other newbies.

3 Likes

Hi @ashrafsam, sorry to hear about all the hard work did not receive the credits it deserves. But I think your workaround might be a very good solution.

I think there is loads of documentation/video’s on creating apps with Meta. I used it in the past for having a Facebook Login on an app.

For creating and testing this workaround you have to create an app anyway. A video recording of that creation would be amazing and would help us further. As soon as you have something ready for testing please let me know, I will assist where I can.

We believe in you guys!

Kr Bram

1 Like

How come? what have you guys been up to?

@Omussumo Please read my update :point_up: Facebook revoked our business verification - #20 by ashrafsam

This won’t be an issue, you only need 1 app. If we get verified, we’ll only have 1 app for all our users. We don’t need the 15. At least I don’t yet see the point when we’ll need that many apps.

We should create proper documentation about that I guess.

Thank you for offering that! I’ll keep you all updated.

1 Like

Ahh, that won’t be an issue then, at first I thought you meant we would need to create apps for each use, so I just wanted to make people aware they could only have 15 apps max. Thanks for the clarification.

Haven’t really had the time to dive into the program yet, but I’m in for the long haul so not a big deal. Lots of thoughts and great ideas in here, and you’re working hard Ashrafsam. Keeping the faith over here!

A quick update on this: The new business account passed the business verification and the access verification processes.

These are the 2 main types of verifications we need to get before submitting our app for review. I’ll submit the app today for Facebook Leads, if it gets approved, that means we’ll have Facebook Leads back.

No promises though, they verified us in the past and revoked the verification later, but our hopes are high!

4 Likes

Thank you for the update and transparency. It’s exactly this kind of openness and clarity that I really appreciate.

Let’s be hopeful that the Facebook Leads app gets approved. It’s great to see that you guys are not giving up and continuing to find solutions. Here’s to hoping for the best outcome this time! :v:t2:

1 Like

Thank you for the update !

To give you an idea how much Meta is confusing :frowning_face: Just got this :point_down:

So is this why I am not able to see any of the Facebook pages with the FB connection that I created?

If so, I would really recommend that you add a note to the FB connection instructions to this thread. I just threw like 2 hours in the garbage trying to figure out why it was not working. I assumed I messed up something.

Why not get some help from Pabbly team? They must have gone through the similar process for approval?

@joeworkman Sorry about that, when did you create the connections? We’ve been under this situation for 2 months now. If you created the connections before that, they might have been affected, but if you created them later then it’s another issue (you can open a new topic about it).

@amir I’m not sure if competitors love to help competitors and I doubt it. However, I think there is very little they can help with as the business verification process is owned by an internal team that has no human interface. If it worked well for Pabbly, they won’t know how to fix it when it doesn’t work out.

I’m talking to Meta Pro Support these days, I don’t have any hopes they would be able help, but we’ll go ahead and document the longer ways of getting Meta pieces to work for users who’d like to get a bit more technical meanwhile.

1 Like

Interesting. I did do it this week. I will review what I did and see if I can get it to work again.

@joeworkman Let us know if it doesn’t work

I hate to say this is an “update” because Meta has been taking us up and down very repeatedly. Our second account failed to get verified but the first account has been silently verified:

I say silently because we haven’t received a confirmation email but the status in the dashboard changed. In our experience, this can easily turn into “Not verified” later in a day or 2.

If this turns out to be an actual verification, we will be good to go (I have zero trust now hehe).

3 Likes