Wordpress custom post types and custom fields (ACF, METABOX etc...) Compatible with

I need support for custom post types and custom fields in Wordpress.
Most Wordpress users use plugins such as ACF and METABOX to implement custom post types and fields.

We would also like to see support for triggers such as update and delete as well as new post.

By managing Wordpress posts and custom post types in Google Sheets, it is no longer necessary to log into Wordpress and even those who are not good at PC operation can manage their tokyo in a familiar UI.

I don’t see much of an issue with connecting the core WP components, (e.g., Featured image, Content, Author). However, the bigger lift would be for custom taxonomies and custom fields. This would need a way to point to the custom taxonomies and a way to map the custom fields.

Another issue can be with relational records. Especially when they reside in a separate table.

Thanks for your comments, is the following site not helpful?
It documents the REST API when using a Wordpress plugin called METABOX.

Yes please. This is very much needed.

1 Like

Is this on the roadmap now?

I’m using ACF in a HTTP piece to wordpress you could also use the Custom API from Wordpress.

Would a simple video be helpful on how to set this up for ACF?

Kr Bram

Yes this could be helpful. I’m using metabox and would try to do it.

Please show us how you connect ACF to Active Pieces

Sorry I haven’t made a video yet, but you need make sure that ACF allows the REST api you can modify this within the ACF settings. Also make sure you assign the field to a a post or page just whatever you need. But here below is an example you can use for a Custom API for wordpress.

{
“acf”:
{
“custom_field1”: “value1”,
“custom_field2”: “value2”
}
“title”: “title 1”
“content”:“your post content”
}

This will be picked as part of polishing for top 15 pieces.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to set up the custom api call to GET and POST. I can do the title and content in the query parameters, but can’t seem to get the acf fields. I tried different syntax here, but i’m afraid I’m missing something. any clues?

@DigitalAnchor ,

Please pass JSON body as shown in image to create post with ACF fields.

1 Like

OK so put this all in the body area. Can we pass dynamic values in there? when I click the dynamic switcher, it changes to a single field for values. Thanks for your help!

You can pass previous steps values in JSON without dynamic switcher (see image). Create JSON body and it will open Data to Insert Panel for data mapping.

2 Likes

thank you, that helped! I am afraid my syntax formatting is still off. I am trying to post (into a custom WP post type) the contents of a spreadsheet. I can get the title and content to go thru fine from sheets to WP, but the ACF fields show empty when the format is correct and the ACF fields show while format is incorrect (where i change the content above). Thanks for the help.

NVM I forgot to turn on Rest API on the ACF post >.> :sweat_smile: Unless anyone has suggestions on improving this, i do have acf fields working

1 Like