When using OpenAI, how long before it timeout?

When using OpenAI, how long before it timeout?

Hi @andy,

There are no timeouts for OpenAI, but there is a 10-minute timeout overall for the whole execution.

Could you please explain more about the issue you are facing? Is the run timing out? Any screenshots would be great.

Thank you,
Mo.

I encounter the issue sometimes during testing a piece, when the open ai run is longer than about 60 seconds. This is not and issue when the flow is published as it uses the 10

Got it. Thanks a lot @abuaboud and @Bram.

No, I’m new to the platform. And I just wonder if activepieces act like a different platform that I’ve used previously where they limit the timeout of each of their automation piece.

It’s a very good news to learn that activepieces don’t limit the timeout for each piece. And there is a VERY GENEROUS 10-minute timeout overall.

Thanks

Hi @andy

Did you face this issue in all other platforms? Was it blocker your use case? I am curious

Yes, the use case is, I’m using a chatbot platform manychat to generate AI answer. And they limit external request wait time. So I often get request timeout error when openai requires more time to generate the result.

And because of that, i’m going make request to openai thru activepieces. Once i get the result, then I’ll send it back to manychat

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.