Switchy.io Shortlink support

Would like to see Switchy.io supported as a piece. It allows much shorter links, which is good for many of the apps like twitter that hate long links.

also allows us to track analytics through our own shortlink software. I believe Sendfox has something similar, but not nearly as robust.

Hello Josh,

That’s a very cool suggestion, we have it as a piece in our roadmap :smiley: if you are a developer yourself you could start contributing and create it :dark_sunglasses:

Any updates on this? Would love to use it

@nathanmaingard
why not try it with the http modul?

here a sample
https://cloud.activepieces.com/templates/tFc09ncloaO1B402KOtSd

here the link to the api documentation for further configuration.

happy linking.

gio.

Hi, Gio

Thanks for taking the time to reply and make a suggestion.

Thing is, i’m 0% a developer, hah. I don’t understand anything about API…

Would I be able to set it up if I don’t know any coding, languages, etc?

Thanks again
nathan

@nathanmaingard
Well, I’m also a marketer and not a programmer. But yes, you’re right, it does require a bit of a learning curve, and until recently, I hadn’t dared to approach the APIs either. However, with tools like make.com or activepieces, you can make progress step by step. Adjustments to the body text can be achieved through some trial and error and with the help of ChatGPT. It may take a few hours, but if you’ve made it this far, you can see the potential.

From my own experience, I can tell you that delving into the world of APIs is really worthwhile. It’s a whole new level, and the cool thing is, you hardly ever need a coder for it. But yes, you do need to invest a few hours.

So, what’s the first thing you want to do with Switchy? Simply shorten a link? Do you have your own domain?

Hi, Gio.

I hear you, and perhaps that will be something I put some time into learning soon.

I do have my own domain with Switchy. I’m wanting switchy to auto-create a new shortlink using my domain, with a specific increasing number (eg: alreadyfree.me/##) every time I post a new podcast episode on my website, at All We Are Already Free Podcast Episodes - Nathan Maingard | We Are Already Free.

Simple :sweat_smile: