Not receiving proper information from Slack

Hey all, I’m working on a notification automation.

The flow should be:

1. New message received in Slack channel
  2. New task created in ClickUp w/ the message as the task name & description

The flow works BUT, Activepieces is only capturing “f” as the message.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi @devinmcpaul and welcome to Activepieces :wave:

I can confirm this is a bug in the testing panel for Slack. I got the same output you’re getting, so I’ll move this thread to Bugs

However, this is not impacting the actual execution in real life. So just take f as if it’s your message and continue your flow, I tested this end to end and it all worked properly.

1 Like

Hello,

facing the same problem that the Audio or Text output is only “f”, any updates when this will be fixed?

best regards
David

Hi, i have the same issue can you please fix this? Best regard Jens

@ashrafsam Hi Ashrafsam, is there any hope to fix this? It would be very helpful to use this piece directly without detour via webhooks. I have also seen that a new ticket has already been opened for the problem.

1 Like

Hey @Jens_Sessler can you share your webhooks workaround setup? A description on a way to import would be great. I know the workaround isn’t ideal, but it will allow me to continue working. I appreciate it if you could. Thanks.

How can I finish making the workflow (image generation with DALLE) if I cant test each stage - the workflow maker gets stuck when it cant finish the image generation step, because DALLE apparently doesnt like “f” as a prompt and returns an error.

Hello @Bao, @Jens_Sessler, and @devinmcpaul,

We have improved the testing experience of the Slack trigger. It will now fetch the latest messages for further data mapping.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.