Need help updating Airtable record based on Conditions

Hello,

I’m brand new here and am trying to create an Airtable automation in order to circumvent their 50 automations per base limit. I’m working with Fintable to push my bank transactions into my Airtable (that step works great, by the way – highly recommend!).

Whenever a new record is created, I want Airtable to watch the Vendor field, and then be able to make a task that says, for example: if Vendor contains “IRS,” update Category to “Federal Taxes” which is a linked record field, linking to my Categories table.

I used the “new or updated record” as a trigger, and added an “if” branch and added the correct conditions. So far so good. I added the “update record” action to the “true” branching, and inserted the record ID from the previous step, as well as what fields I’d like updated. But then I’m getting this result:

{
  "response": {
    "status": 422,
    "body": {
      "error": {
        "type": "INVALID_VALUE_FOR_COLUMN",
        "message": "Value is not an array of record IDs."
      }
    }
  },
  "request": {
    "body": {
      "fields": {
        "fldXMCvRrj5F21RED": "Federal Taxes",
        "flddsa3yliEka72ZO": "IRS"
      }
    }
  }
}

I’m not a programmer, so I’m a bit out of my depth here. Is it not possible to write a value into a Linked Records field? Or did I mess up somewhere else?

Any thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much!

I’d like to see what you have selected. Can you provide a screenshot?

From the error, it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the linked record field but rather the record id. Let me know.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.