Multiple Delays in a Workflow do not work?

I have a workflow that runs on Mondays. It will then delay until Wednesday to run some other actions. I then wanted to post another delay until Friday and yet another on Sunday.

This week was the first time that I ran this workflow. On Monday, it properly paused the execution until today (Wednesday). However, it seems to have skipped the delays for Friday and Sunday and simply ran the remaining tasks in the workflow.

Here is a screenshot of the run. You can see the delay task is set to Feb 2 (Friday this week). Yet, it runs.

Is this the expected behavior?

It’s not expected behavior, do you mind open an issue here I am going to investigate this Issues · activepieces/activepieces · GitHub along side multiple approval allow multiple approval pieces in a flow · Issue #3533 · activepieces/activepieces · GitHub

Thanks. Done.

Super interesting. I made a flow today with many delays after each other, with pieces in between. Haven’t tested it fully yet, since it just started today.

@abuaboud I know that questions like this are horrible but I have to ask… any idea on when you might be able to look into this? I just want to know if I should try to come up with a work around.

Maybe I can store the data with a Storage Piece, then use a different workflow that would run on the days that I need to retrieve the data and run the tasks for that day. Got any better ideas?

1 Like

Hi @joeworkman

It’s interesting area, I have opened PR and added test on it → fix: multiple delays should work by abuaboud · Pull Request #3803 · activepieces/activepieces · GitHub

It should be merged once i get someone to review it from the team, as it’s not trivial change in terms of logic.

Edit: It’s merged and live

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.